Q: Blemishes Won’t Go Away

Good day

I am a 32 years old lady and have blemishes on my face. I don’t know how to make them go away. I used Cell Tone products for about a year but they still didn’t fade. I’ve tried different kinds of home remedies but they also don’t help.

Please advise on how I can make them go away permanently. I’ve researched skin clinics that can remove them but they’re all overseas and I’m right here in Pretoria.

I’m tired of always feeling awkward and inadequate when people look at my side profile.

Please help me?

Posted By: Ororiseng Moloisane | January 23, 2019

Aesthetic Doctor

Aesthetic Doctor

Welcome to the Beyond Beauty Q&A. Our online consultants will answer all your skin-related questions, such as what topical products to use or how to find out more about injectables. Choose "Beyond Beauty Aesthetic Doctor" as an expert below and ask away!

A. Expert Answer

Hello. Thank you for your question. There is a variety of treatment option available to reduce blemishes on the skin as well as improve the overall complexion of the skin. Starting with a good homecare regime, consisting of good quality medical grade treatment products, are your first step. Neostrata enlighten range might be a good option for you. The range consist of a Brightening cleanser, a day cream with SPF, a night cream that contain Retinol (this will help exfoliate your skin) as well as a serum specifically focused at reducing the appearance of dark marks on the skin. Please visit to get more info on the products. In clinic treatments will also benefit your skin, your options include chemical peels to exfoliate your skin reducing the pigment in the area, laser and light treatments as well as skin needling. A course of treatments might be needed to achieve the desired result. I would recommend that you visit one of our Skin Renewal Clinics so that a qualified medical professional look at our skin and advice accordingly. We have two branches in the Pretoria area. Please visit the following link to find a branch closest to you:

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.