The quest for non-invasive and effective treatments against skin ageing just got a whole lot more exciting with the Mesoglow facial. Which one is right for you?
When we own a car, we know that we need to take it for a service every few thousand kilometres to keep it running smoothly and to prevent and address wear-and-tear. If we don’t do this, it’s pretty much guaranteed that things will start breaking down further down the line.
So why should it be any different with our skin? We wear it for years and put it through its paces every day, some a lot more punishing than others. *Cough* sun bunnies and smokers, we’re talking about you.
It makes sense that we should give it some TLC every few months to maintain its health and smooth running, especially as we start showing signs of wear-and-tear.
In the case of skin, one of the most effective ways to combat ageing is maintaining the collagen we have through professional skin treatments as well as stimulating new collagen production.
And in the spirit of ‘prevention is better than cure’, we advise that the sooner you’re able to start, the better the result. We recommend you start in your twenties, but it’s never too late to create a visible improvement on your skin.
In our last feature, we highlighted Skin Renewal’s signature Mesoglow facial – the no-needle treatment that has excellent skin maintenance benefits for all skin types and ages. It is a painless procedure, with no risk of bruising.
Which Mesoglow Facial is suitable for me?
Before starting the treatment, the Skin Renewal skincare therapist will examine your skin and discuss the issues that concern you most, to determine which serum should be infused into your dermis skin by the Transderm device, aka transdermal mesotherapy.
After the microdermabrasion and hyaluronic acid serum infusion, your custom serum is then applied and infused into the skin.
Customisation is the name of the game
To give even better results, the additional serums that can be added to target specific conditions include:
• Concentrated peptides or a collagen serum – for additional anti-ageing qualities
• Tranexamic acid serum – to address pigmentation
• A Couperosis formulation – to address rosacea or skin sensitivities
• Dermaheal SRS, a solution with 54 critical anti-ageing ingredients, including three growth factors – to help your skin completely restructure and heal itself.
These are applied to the skin and, with the aid of transdermal mesotherapy, they penetrate into the dermis (the deeper layer of the skin) where they are most effective in skin repair.
What does the Mesoglow Facial do?
Some of the benefits of the Mesoglow Facial include:
• Improved cell turnover from the microdermabrasion
• Rehydration of the skin due to the hyaluronic acid
• The production and stimulation of collagen
• The reduction of pigmentation
• It can be performed on its own or in combination with other treatments we offer, such as Carboxytherapy, skin-tightening treatments and laser and light treatments.
• It works hand-in-hand with your home prescriptive skin care to provide more discernible anti-ageing results.
While we call it a facial, Mesoglow can be used to rejuvenate practically any area on the body – face, neck, décolleté and hands.
Watch as the full effect of each rejuvenating treatment shows up as continuous skin improvement over the next 9 months.
If you feel that your skin requires more intensive treatments, please schedule an appointment with one of our aesthetic doctors to determine which medical aesthetic treatment should be prescribed.
To find out more about the benefits of the Mesosilkpeel Facial most suited to your skin type, visit www.skinrenewal.co.za. It’s one of the many ways we can help you enjoy living in your beautiful skin for longer.
Take the quick Beyond Beauty Survey and you could win a R2 000 Skin Renewal voucher to spend in our online store, with free delivery within South Africa. T&Cs apply.